Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Some spare time & spare parts!

 

Look what I did with scraps! I felt a hankering' to sew up something without spending any $$$. Actually, I did spend $ , once upon a time, when I bought the fabrics & batting for the original projects. I was thinking that I needed to use up some scraps from the drawers in my sewing table. Here's the story: Next to my computer hangs a quilting calendar with a cute "Holiday Blooms" quilt for December. I was looking at it and thought to myself, "I really like that poisetta-looking applique block. I think I'll make a cute little pillow using that block." So, I spent a couple hours Thursday hunting around for fabric, a couple hours Sunday applique-ing, a couple hours Monday machine quilting and binding what became this little quilt. I think it turned out really cute!!! It will be bittersweet to give it away. But I am determined to share the love. Only one person can get the quilt, but to the rest of you...Thank you for sharing my journeys with me. Luv U!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. julie hardcastle! is that YOU!?!?
    oh, how i miss your sweet face & eternally bubbly spirit! how are you guys? thanks for the comment- i'm glad you found me- don't know how you did, but hey! not complainin'! C:

    ReplyDelete
  2. That beauty looks so familiar! I am glad I am the lucky one who got it!

    ReplyDelete