Tuesday, December 22, 2009

*Pioneer Christmas*

 

It's snowing!!! Yea! I am substituting a class at church on Sunday that is full of 11 and 12 year old girls. Their teacher has finished all the lessons for the year. So, I thought we would have a simple lesson on Church History and the simplicity of Christ's message to us. I am feeling kindof Pioneer-ish and thinking about having an all home-made Christmas next year. {I've been introducing this idea to sweetie-pie and the kidlets over the past several weeks.} I pulled out some odds and ends and made these darling little treat bags. I think they look like the little paper candy sacks that small children would have gotten at the local dry goods store in days gone by. What do you think?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Jules, how is the rooster quilt coming along?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy-I have found the perfect pattern! Go to www.pineneedles.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something like that would be good for when we do Pioneer Days at school too!

    ReplyDelete