Saturday, June 5, 2010

Beehives and Babies!





Make sure you scroll down to see my previous entry, from about 10 minutes ago....it was what I did in April.  May pretty much flew by.  However, I did take one afternoon to make a little wool project.  I'm not sure what to do with it, but I needed a quick something to make.  So, I had this laying around and decided to cancel all housework for the afternoon.  I can't remember if I made dinner that night or not...Sorry kids!  I hope we had some leftovers. 
Speaking of procrastinating...Months ago, maybe 6...or so, Ben told me it was time to make a little baby blanket for some friends.  Well, because of the Challenge Quilt {see below} I didn't get around to it.  Until yesterday afternoon.  Because the baby was born yesterday morning!  A and I raced to the fabric store to get some cute flannel.  It was hard to make up my mind, so I might have brought home several selections, but anyway, I settled on this cute blue and tan puppy print and some awesome shaggy/furry, brown minkee that is soooo incredibly soft and snuggly.  A was snuggling with it the whole way home!  {A and I have been complaining for 2 days now about not having baby blankets this snuggly when we were younguns.} 

2 comments:

  1. I love the beehives! Yes, too bad minkee was not available when your teenagers were babies. A and B would have loved snuggling in a blanket made of minkee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beehives are one of my favorite symbols!! That is so cute! If minkee was around when my baby was a baby, I would have loved for him to have a blue minkee blankee.

    ReplyDelete