I can do small things.
One of those small things is to be happy with what I have. One thing that I have been unhappy with is my laptop computer. I mean, come on, just look at it. It's pretty pathetic. The monitor died, so we plugged it into a spare one. Then the keyboard died, so we plugged it into a spare one. I've been driving myself crazy looking for a shiny, new replacement. What I have has been working perfectly well. I should be happy and content that we have some unused equipment kicking around the house. Shouldn't I? Well, It just so happens that the day I took this picture, I shocked the mother board, again, and it all went up in a brilliant flash of light. So, without a working computer, I have had some extra time to get a few sewing projects completed! Yeah! I'm happy to say that the following projects were gifts for February birthdays and they were completed in January. No last minute rush for me!
First off is the "triplet" birthday! Yeah! I made the same block for each of us, just finished them differently. Because you know, we are the same...yet different. So, "C" got the framed block and "D" requested the pillow. I, however, have not finished my present (to myself) because my block is going in a quilt, & I haven't had time to work on the other blocks.
Next, is Grandma's block. I think it turned out fabulously fabulous!!! I am so please with it. You know, sometimes (for me, most of the time) you have a vision and then it just doesn't seem to turn out the way you planned. But this project did! I think it looks sooo much better in person.
It is hard for me to write my feelings and have them convey what I am truly feeling. These homemade projects are the only way I know of to put my heart, soul, and love into a gift. You may not know it by lookin at them, but this is how I say, "I love you!" Hugs and kisses to everyone!
P.S. For some reason, when trying to publish this post, the pictures have changed order. So sorry, but I think you can figure things out...
Beautiful work as always Julie. I can't wait to see some of it in person. I do think you deserve a new computer though. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, Julie, Dad and I truly feel the love that went into that keepsake work of art that you made for my birthday. You are the best! Thank you so much for all of the time and effort that went into that beautiful project! Love YOU !
ReplyDeleteEverything you make is a treasure! P.S. What are you making for August birthdays? :)
ReplyDelete